29 May 2014

Promises, promises...

I know you may find this hard to believe, but I've yet to get up early again before work to go running. Shocking.

I did, however, go for my first real run in the rain last Saturday morning. After reading Running Like a Girl, by Ms. Heminsley, I realized that for her, living in England and all, she probably had more rainy outings than not, and that a slight drizzle shouldn't really be a valid excuse anymore. Frankly, it really wasn't bad at all. I think I might do well to leave my rain jacket at home next time, though. Even with my venting zippers it was still a bit too steamy.

So, the most awful part of this particular post is where I confess that I haven't been out to run at all since that rainy Saturday. I did do some hiking and camping, so that's something, I guess. I really am going to start focusing here shortly, I promise...

Also, the new Chromeo album is extremely entertaining and I fully intend to put it on my ipod ASAP so as to give myself the option to run whilst enjoying it. So I've got that going for me, which is nice.



The Totals:

Running:
  • May: 25.2
  • 2014:  98.8
Biking (non-stationary):
  • May: 15.5
  • 2014: 50.5



No comments:

Post a Comment