14 August 2014

Let that raga drop...

So, I thought listening to Ravi Shankar while running might be the best idea I've had yet.

And it was, until about halfway through the second raga, when while dreamily staring up in to the giant clouds rolling in, my left foot caught the uneven ledge of a Kentucky St. sidewalk and I was unceremoniously splayed out on to the cement. I was left with a single scratch, but no blood spilled. However, my shoulders were sore for days, most likely from catching myself on the way to the ground.  Very luckily, it was no worse than that.

I attempted a 10-mile run last weekend, but having failed to review my planned route before leaving the house, I left out a couple turns here and there and ended up with only a 9.3 mile run. It was still my longest run ever up till that point, and near enough to 10 that I don't feel all that badly about it.

This past Saturday saw my first attempt at a 12 mile run. Luckily, I did not listen to the weather forecast, or I might still be at home waiting for all those thunderstorms... The first half of the run was cool and overcast. The second was just steeeeeeamy, and kinda awful. But I did it!

Next up...14 miles!


The Running Total:
  • August:  44.84
  • 2014:  202.21

(I've given up keeping track of cycling mileage - mostly because I've done little to none :( )


No comments:

Post a Comment