13 May 2014

Duathlon-ed.

Hey! I finished my 1st duathlon! And you know, I dare say that I even enjoyed it. I kept waiting for the awful part, where I'd have to get in to the lake and swim, and it never happened! The park was lovely and I just could not have asked for nicer weather. A little cool, with a decent breeze and lots of sunshine.

While I certainly didn't break any records, I didn't break myself either. Starting out on the last 3-mile run was a bit brutal at first, and frankly, I was probably not sufficiently hydrated. It got easier though, and I almost didn't even mind the hills. It was so very, very encouraging, as I look ahead to the marathon, that I was able to keep up my motivation and will to finish over the entire 2 hours and 2 minutes it took me to complete the course. (My little 'cheering section' was certainly a huge boost, too -- thanks, guys!)

Me and my crew.

Overall, it was just an all-around pretty fantastic experience and I'd really love to give it another go next year.

That being said, do I get to include the miles I rode/ran in the duathlon in my 'Totals' count below? I guess I get to decide, seeing as this is my blog. Ha!

And speaking of miles, the weekend before, I attempted my longest run yet! The course I'd tentatively set out for myself looked to be about 9 miles, but by my best guess, I only completed about 8 total. I'll need to remeasure, but I'm calling it 8 for now. So, that was pretty exciting, too!

So, yeah. Tune in next time for more stuff about my adventures in running, etc.!


The Totals:

Running:
  • May: 14.2
  • 2014:  87.8
Biking (non-stationary):
  • May: 15.5
  • 2014: 50.5

No comments:

Post a Comment