13 January 2014

In the black...

With the amazing weather this weekend, I finally went for my first run of 2014! The lingering ice-covered puddles presented some obstacles, especially on the brick sidewalks, but it wasn't too much of a hassle to jump over or around them. It was maybe a little ambitious to start out with a 5-miler, but I made it -- in less than an hour, even -- bringing my 'running total' for last week to 5 whole miles! It's not much, but I'm pretty pleased to have any mileage at all, given it was only the first full week of 2014.  

I managed to get in a nice bike ride on Sunday as well -- just 7 miles, at a pretty leisurely and inconsistent pace at that. I know I'll need to get a whole lot more  under my belt if I'm going to 'do' the 'du'-athlon this spring (yuk, yuk, yuk). Luckily, I've got my weekly spin class to supplement my biking until we're officially out of winter, and I plan to hop on a stationary bike on my own at the gym at least a couple times a week as well. 

So, yeah -- nothing too wild just yet, but we're officially getting started!


"Let the games begin!" -- Papa Burgundy


Running Total:
January:  5.0
2014:  5.0

No comments:

Post a Comment