20 January 2014

Good Day Sunshine

So, I'd thought this past Saturday was supposed to be a pretty nice day, but I immediately regretted deciding to go for a run just about as soon as I stepped outside. The otherwise decent temperature was all but cancelled-out by the continuous biting gusts of wind. I hated just about every minute of it, but I manged to eek out 3 miles that morning.

The wind didn't let up much on Sunday, but given the perfect temperature and all the glorious sunshine I hardly minded. I'm not entirely positive, but according to Google, I ran a solid 5.8 miles that afternoon in 59 minutes and 1 second.

I finally made it on a treadmill earlier last week, too, but it was a really lamentable showing. I was entirely unprepared, and without even my ipod and headphones, I was not able to distract myself from the nastiness of the little room with the sweaty, recycled air for longer than
2.15 miles. Suffice it to say I'm really looking forward to Spring...

I nearly made myself head back out again today for another run, but I feel as though I might be pushing my luck. I'll be back at it again soon enough. In the meantime, my total is beginning to attain some substance!


Running Total:
January:  15.95
2014:  15.95




No comments:

Post a Comment