27 February 2014

Hey, Jude...

So, I'm not Catholic, but the past few days have made me wonder if there is in fact a 'patron saint' of lost causes... And there is, just FYI

February has not been kind to my running totals. The weather was briefly nice, but for a number of reasons/lame excuses, I did not manage to take advantage of any outdoor running time. And it's supposed to snow again this weekend.

So, yeah. February...
[sigh]

I did hit up the gym last night, though. I put in a pretty decent 4 miles on the treadmill, but of course, there was a guy on the machine right next to me running twice as fast for probably twice as long (he was still running when I left). It was good motivation to keep on keepin' on, though. Goals are good, right? In the meantime, it even inspired me to 'sprint' a quarter-mile in the middle of my run last night, just for funsies. 

I also recently caught up with an old friend the other night, and she suggested we run a half-marathon together later this year. Hopefully that comes to fruition as well. 

In any case, here's praying we get back on track in March! 




The Totals

Running:
  • February:  7.0
  • 2014:  31.1
Biking (non-stationary):
  • February: 0
  • 2014: 17

No comments:

Post a Comment