01 October 2014

Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry...

Well, at this point, I think it's safe to say I've probably trained well enough for a half marathon, but probably nothing much more than that. It's a little disappointing, to say the least, but...maybe I'm just not masochistic enough to truly train for a marathon. Or maybe I'll actually finish the full marathon just fine (hahahahahahaha, probs not). 

Either way, it'll be over, and then I can go back to enjoying all the things I used to do before having to devote entire hours of the day to running. Don't get me wrong, I still love running. I have to say, I'm amazed how easy and enjoyable running can actually feel these days (on my good days, anyway). In my training, I've definitely now run distances I'd have never imagined possible for me just a few years, or even months ago. I mean, that fact that I feel prepared to even run a half-marathon at this point is pretty mind-blowing in itself. 

I will definitely enjoy having some more time on my hands, though. Not that I've actually spent as much time as I should have on training, but...Frankly, I think I had better things to do. We'll see what I have to say for myself on marathon-day. 





The Running Total:
  • October: 4.5
  • 2014:  285.78



No comments:

Post a Comment